I love a lot of things in life. People. The Trinity. Humor. Food. Grammar. Academics. Hot Beverages. Baseball. Football. Puns. The Church. Adolescents. Academics about Adolescents. This blog is a mod-podge of all of those things. I used to have a blog just about academics and adolescents and academics about adolesents, but then I kept wanting to talk about the food that I made or about what I did on the weekend and I did not feel like there was a place for that. So, this blog is a bit broader. I hope you will come with me - Oh, the places we will go! I told you I like puns, and I meant it.
Somehow in the middle of working full time, going to school, hanging out with my friends, and exploring Chicago, I have managed to spend 10 years (on and off) volunteering in youth ministry, flexing my nerd muscles doing some research, and spending time one on one with lots of amazing young people. In addition to all this, here are some random facts about me:
- I very much enjoy personality tests! Myers-Briggs, Strenghtsfinder, DISC, etc.
- Intelligensia is the best coffee I have had thus far in life.
- Sports allegiances include the Broncos, Cubs, and Blackhawks.
- There was once a flying squirrel loose in my home.
- I enjoy public speaking. I know, crazy, right?